"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it for yourself."

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Enough is Enough! (412 days until my 40th birthday)

Since childhood I have struggled with my weight.  I was never very active as a kid, nor did I ever pay any attention to what I put into my body.  My only criteria was that it tasted good, and the more sugar it had the better it was.  During adulthood I have struggled with being a healthy, vibrant, young woman trapped inside an ugly, painful, fat suit.  Throughout the years I have endure sneers, jeers, and looks of disgust from both children and adults alike.  The old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" ... it's crap!  Words hurt worse.

You would think that, aside from being a poster child for what not to do to your body, the fact that I've lost my grandfather, my father, and my former father-in-law to heart disease would be enough motivation to get my act together.  However, fitness requires dedication of time and financial resources.  Considering I work full-time, am now divorced, and have three incredible children (two teenage girls at home and a son away at college), those factors make putting myself as a priority very challenging.  Several times I've gotten a handle on my fitness, and have taken action.  Several times, I've lost my grip and reversed all of my hard work.

NO MORE!  Not this time!  On November 1, 2011 I went grocery shopping, joined a health club, started a diary, and set a goal to lose 130 lbs by December 19, 2012, which will be my 40th birthday!  Hopefully the world won't end a couple of days later, because well that would just be cruel.  I started this blog for two reasons; one, to help keep me accountable and two, to help possibly inspire others to do the same.  Ready....Set....Project 130 is go for launch!  There is no turning back!

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo proud of you Christy!!!! You can do this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! I am right there with you girl. Although I already turned 40 in July. I can't use the excuse of I just had a baby as she is 14m old now. But I have been on that same roller coaster and I want to get off. I will join you on your journey. I have 60 to go to my goal! You can do this! Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete