"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it for yourself."

Monday, November 28, 2011

Gobble Gobble! Momma needs a new pair of shoes! (386 days til my 40th!)

What a crazy way to start Thanksgiving day!  At 7 a.m. my friends and I participated in the 42nd Annual Turkey Trot.  Proceeds benefited the new pediatric ER at Cape Coral Hospital.  We couldn't have ordered better weather!  The morning was cool and clear.  So my goal was to finish this 5K event in 50 minutes or less.  Unfortunately I did not reach that goal.  I came in at a 51.11, only 19 seconds quicker than my last event which involved increases in elevation.  Problem is, I need a new pair of shoes!  I don't know who made these Brooks things that I spent a small fortune on (most expensive shoes of my life), but I end up with awful blisters after every event.  I guess not enough time passed for complete healing between the Midpoint Madness (on 11/11) and the Turkey Trot (on 11/24), so beginning at about mile 1 I was in pain from that point forward to the finish line.  As badly as it burned, I refused to quit.  I am happy that I finished in a bit less time than the Midpoint event, but not happy that I didn't reach my goal (insert sad face here).  I won't let it get me down though.  I just need to go to the big man himself and plead my case.  Dear Santa, for Christmas I need a personal trainer AND a new pair of shoes!...Oh and a scale...I don't have one of those, which is not good.

On to the rest of Thanksgiving day...  Following the race, I had some scrambled eggs and two small pieces of bacon, that was delicious, as I watched some of the Macy's parade w/my girls.  Then it was off to prepare Thanksgiving dinner.  This was the first without my whole family in attendance.  It was very strange.  I had my daughters, my nephew, my friend Laura, and my guy there to celebrate with us.  Dinner was fantastic!  The girls and I did a great job with our preparations.  Thanks to mom for allowing me to borrow your awesome infrared NuWave oven.  Our 12 lb bird was done in three hours flat!  We are still nibbling on leftovers.  I, however, need to quite nibbling and get back on program in full effect in order to reach my 12/19/2012 goal!

Next up is the American Heart Association's HeartWalk on December 10.  I will be walking in memory of my dad.  To support the AHA in my dad's memory, please click here!  Thank you, in advance, for your support.  This one means a great deal to me personally.  I am genetically predisposed, losing both my grandfather and father in their early 60s, and I don't want to be another statistic.  My kids deserve better!  I deserve better!  It's time to eradicate heart disease once and for all!

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement!  Please keep it up! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment