"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it for yourself."

Monday, November 7, 2011

Things are going, not great, but well (407 days until my 40th birthday)

I really wish I had a recumbent stationary bike, elliptical trainer, and free weights at home!  That would simplify things in a huge way!  I wouldn't incur the expense of a health club, and the equipment would be at my disposal 24/7.  Nutritionally speaking, things are super...but holy food cost, Batman!  I am eating properly, charting my intake, and sticking to my plan.  Aside from some creative accounting, it's the making time to exercise that has proven to be difficult.  Being a single mom, working full time, and nurturing a new relationship requires juggling.  Now we've thrown in ball #4 (the exercise) and it's become even more challenging.  Luckily I have a great guy in my life who is also committed to health and wellness, and he is encouraging and supporting me along the way.  I made it to the gym on Thursday night and spent an hour on the bike; Friday and Saturday proved to be a struggle though.  I thought I had it all planned out well, but I never made it to the gym.  I did, however, do a bunch of shopping and errand running on Saturday, which included extra steps I don't ordinarily take; at least I was moving more.  On Sunday I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather.  My guy and I went for a run/walk (he ran/I walked).  I went 2.5 miles in 40 minutes, and lived to tell the tale!  So looking forward to more of those times to come.  I am thankful for the love and support of my friends and family.  I am blessed.  I love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment