"The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it for yourself."

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

8 lbs gone in 7 days! (405 days until my 40th birthday)

Reposted from my Facebook page.  My status update as of 9 p.m. on 11/8/11:   Rough night in the life of this Executive Manager of Chaos, which led to no gym time. Didn't even make it home until 8pm. Guess I will be risin, shinin, and givin God the glory, as I hammer it out bright and early tomorrow. Not looking forward to a two-a-day, but thankful for the hour I spent at home with my girls tonight. Actually I'm working out mentally tonight. Reviewing success stories of others online and watching the Biggest Loser is very inspirational for me. I use those mental images to create visions of my future self, to use for inspiration when I am putting the pedal to the metal. BTW I'm loving the new trainer Dolvett Quince! Wish he was here to kick my butt!
...and that's exactly what I did!  I wasn't quite "shinin" at 5:30 a.m. but I rose (rolled) out of bed, gave God the glory for allowing me another day to be with my loved ones, and dragged myself into the gym.  After a restless sleep, I did hit the snooze button one too many times, so I got a late start.  I was only able to squeeze in 25 minutes on the bike, 180 calories burned, but something is better than nothing!  Looking forward to round two tonight!  I may even begin incorporating weight training. We'll see how ambitious I am at the end of the day :)  Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement.  It means so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment